header short

Last Updated on 03 February 2015


Christine Gatti - Township Clerk
Millburn Town Hall – 2nd Floor
375 Millburn Avenue
Millburn, New Jersey 07041    
Phone: 973-564-7073
Fax: 973-564-7468

The Township Clerk serves as the secretary of the municipal corporation, as the local election administrator and as secretary to the governing body, providing a variety of administrative and community relations services for them.  This office receives, distributes and assigns correspondence on behalf of the Mayor and Committee, prepares Township Meeting agendas, resolutions, proclamations, ordinances and public meeting minutes.  The Clerk administers the bidding and awarding of municipal contracts. The Clerk maintains official Township files and records.  The Clerk also oversees a variety of licenses:  liquor, raffles, sidewalk cafes, livery, etc.


Clerk Documents




What are the dates for Township Committee Meetings in 2015?

January                 6*, 20                    *Reorganization Meeting

February              3, 17                                      

March                   3, 17

April                       7, 21                      

May                       5, 19                      

June                      2*, 16                    *Primary Election Night – Meeting at 7:30pm

July                        14

August                 11          

September         1, 16*                    *Wednesday due to Holiday                      

October               6, 20                      

November          10                          

December           1, 15

All meetings are held at Millburn Town Hall located at 375 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, NJ in the 2nd floor Commitee room.  Meetings begin at 8:00PM unless otherwise noted.

Do I register to vote in the Clerk’s Office?

The Clerk’s office has mail-in Voter Registration forms available, which must be received in the Essex County Commissioner of Registrations Office 21 days prior to an Election.  Please click HERE to access the County website for the application.

How do I obtain a Vote By Mail Ballot Application (formerly known as absentee ballot)?

The Clerk's Office has applications for a Vote By Mail Ballot, which may be picked-up or mailed to you, or you may go to the Essex County Board of Elections website by clicking HERE to obtain the application. You must be a registered voter in order to apply. A voter may apply for a Mail-In Ballot by mail up to 7 days prior to the election. He or she may also apply in person to the Essex County Clerk until 3 P.M. the day before the election. Note also that voters have an option of indicating on an application for a Mail-In Ballot that they would prefer to receive a ballot for each election that takes place during the remainder of the calendar year. Voters also now have an option of automatically receiving a Mail-In Ballot for each General Election. If such voter no longer wants this option, the Essex County Clerk's office must be notified in writing

Where is my Polling Place?

 Clicke HERE to find your voting location                            

Who are my State Legislators?

Click HERE to find out your State Legislators

Who is my Congressional Representative?

Click HERE to find your Congressional Representative

How do I obtain a Volunteer Interest Form to serve on a board or commission?

You can go to the Forms Library on this web-site and print it, or you may call the Clerk’s office to have one mailed to you.  Volunteer Interest Form

How can I get a Request for Public Records Form?

You can go to the Forms Library on this web-site and print it, or you may call the Clerk’s office to have one mailed to you.

My organization is having a raffle in the Township, where can I get forms?

You can either click HERE, visit the Clerk’s office and pick them up, or go to Legalized Games of Chance web-site and print them out.  www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/lgccc.htm   Remember you must submit four (4) copies with original signatures, the Legalized Games of Chance ID Form and appropriate fees.

Do I obtain marriage, birth and death certificates at the Clerk’s Office?

No, they are obtained at the Health Department – 973-564-7087



Alcoholic Beverage Control - ABC (Liquor Licenses)

Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission - LGCCC (Raffles & Bingos)