- Review and issue grading/drainage permits for both public and private projects
- Prepare grant applications for Community Development and Department of Transportation projects
- Oversee Township infrastructure projects (ie. drainage improvements, road improvements, etc.)
- Consult with Department of Public Works regarding routine repair and maintenance of Township infrastructure
- Answer questions from residents regarding site grading and stormwater management
Engineers also serve as the Administrative Officers to Township Planning Board. Both the Engineer and Assistant Engineer are the Township representatives to the Community Development organization
Visit our Projects page for more information on current and upcoming work scheduled for this year.
Helpful Information and Documents
- Millburn Flood Risk Reduction Considerations _May 2018_Mott MacDonald (PDF)
- Municipal Stormsewer Drainage Area and Stream Outfalls
- Municipal Stormwater Management Plan
- Stormwater Control Ordinance (PDF)
- Drainage Areas By Outfall Stream (PDF)
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan Updates – June 2021 (PDF)
- Do I need a permit to replace the curb/sidewalk/driveway apron/gutter in front of my house?
- The roots from a Township tree have lifted the sidewalk in front of my house. Will the Township replace the sidewalk?
- Where am I permitted to discharge sump pump drainage?
- I am planning an addition/alteration project at my house. Does the work require a permit from the Engineering Department?
- I want to re-grade my property and construct a retaining wall in order to create a level lawn area. What permits are required and what type of plans must be submitted?
- I have been told there may be an easement on my property. How do I find out what the easement is for and how does that impact my property?
- How do I find out what flood zone my property is in? Do I need flood insurance?
- Can I get a copy of my survey?
- What will the Township do if I believe that my neighbor has infringed on my property? For example, if they removed vegetation, or disturbed my fence?
- Do I need a permit to repave my driveway?