The Office of the Business Administrator is the focal point of the administrative operations. The Township Business Administrator serves at the pleasure of the Mayor and Township Committee and presides over the day-to-day administration of the municipality’s executive and administrative business matters
The Business Administrator’s responsibilities are including but not limited to:
- Administering and maintaining of a centralized purchasing system
- Assisting the Township Committee in its determination of policy and implementing all policies established by the Township Committee
- Conducting preliminary negotiations for the Township in its labor matters and advise the Township Committee as to such negotiations for their final approval.
- Preparing and submitting of the annual municipal budget
- Response to citizen requests and complaints as well as those of Township personnel.
- Serving as the personnel officer of the Township
- Supervising and directing the business activities and functions of all departments, boards, officials and employees of the Township