Art Advisory Committee
The Art Advisory Committee was formed to advise and assist the Township Committee in developing and maintaining the Township’s art collection, to include the following functions:
- Appraisal / insurance
Meetings are held when necessary.
The Committee shall consist of 3 or more volunteers appointed by the Mayor to serve until the end of the year in which appointed. The Committee may be assisted by such volunteer advisors as the Committee may consider helpful. Meetings are held when necessary
- Laraine Barach, Chair, Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- Andrew W. Permison, Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- Judith Kramer, Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- Amy McGovern, Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- Oscar Peterson , Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- Victoria Plummer, Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- Maren Less, Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- Donna Davis, Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- Kathi Hecht, Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- Pamela Polifron, Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- Michelle SanFillipo, Advisor, Term Expires: December 31, 2020
For more information, please visit the Millburn-Short Hills Art Advisory Committee blog.
Call for Artists
June 3, 2020
The Township of Millburn is soliciting Expressions of Interest from prospective artists to design, fabricate and install artwork for placement alongside the Main Street side of Taylor Park.
The proposed artwork is being coordinated by the Cultural Engagement Diversity and Arts Committee and the Art Advisory Committee.
Click through to access the full Call for Artists, including the project description and key dates: Art in Taylor Park Call for Artists (PDF)
Proposals can be submitted by e-mailing email@example.com, or by mailing a packet to 375 Millburn Avenue, ATTN Alexander McDonald, Millburn, NJ 07041. For questions call 973-564-7088. The deadline for proposals is Wednesday, July 15, 2020.
High School Art Scholarship
Each year the Art Advisory Committee presents a number of Millburn High School Senior and Junior AP Art Students with merit scholarships.
The committee views every AP junior and seniors student’s portfolio and selects those that contain not only impressive individual pieces, but demonstrate an overall progression and high achievement. Winners are encouraged to remember their artistic roots in Millburn Township and previous winners return to share their stories and receive continued support from the committee.
The 2020 Scholarship winners have been announced. Visit the Art Advisory Committee web page to view the winners and their works: Art Advisory Committee Announces 2020 High School Art Scholarship Award Winners