Meetings are held on the 2nd Wednesday of the month (except April 6 and August) at the Gero Park Recreation Building or the Bauer Community Center located within Taylor Park.
*Indicates meeting at Bauer Community Center
The Commission consists of 9 members appointed by the Mayor. Current commissioners and terms are:
- Nicholas Romano, Vice Chair, Term Expires: December 31, 2026
- Greg Berman, Term Expires: December 31, 2024
- Chris Drucker, Term Expires: December 31, 2022
- Tara Halpern, Term Expires: December 31, 2026
- Stuart Paulsen, Term Expires: December 31, 2024
- Scott Redler, Term Expires: December 31, 2026
- Josh Reiter, Term Expires: December 31, 2023
- Atul Dalmia, Alternate #1, Term Expires: December 31, 2023
- Chris Myers, Director
- Sanjeev Vinayak, Township Committee Liaison, Term Expires: December 31, 2022
Board of Recreation Commissioners
(NJSA. 40:12-1 ET SEQ. and Code Section 2-27)
The Recreation Commission is responsible for community recreation; plans, promotes, organizes and administers a comprehensive recreation service for the entire community; establishes administrative procedures to assure maximum services provided at a reasonable cost; checks effectiveness of the recreation services; studies community recreation needs to develop immediate and long-range plants to meet these needs; interprets the recreation organization, its philosophy and objectives; establishes and maintains cooperative planning and working relationships with other local community agencies and interested individuals in cooperation with the Director of Recreation.