- Boards & Commissions
- Zoning Board of Adjustment
Zoning Board of Adjustment
The Board of Adjustment shall have the power to:
- Hear and decide appeals where it is alleged by the appellant that there is error in any order, requirement, decision or refusal made by an administrative officer based on or made in the enforcement of the zoning ordinance;
- Hear and decide requests for interpretation of the zoning map or ordinance or for decisions upon other special questions upon which such board is authorized to pass by any zoning or official map ordinance in accordance with this act;
- Grant variances in special cases as per NJSA 40:55D-70 (c) and (d).
2023/24 Zoning Board of Adjustment Meeting Dates
Notice is hereby given that Public Meetings of the Zoning Board of Adjustment of the Township of Millburn for the year 2023 will be held at 7:00 p.m. (Prevailing Time) at Millburn Town Hall, 375 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, New Jersey on the following dates:
|January (2023)||9*, 23|
* Indicates re-organization/regular meeting.
- Cal3910-22, Triple One Holdings LLC, 44 Essex Street, application -- carried to 5/1/23 agenda
- Cal3907-22, Plowman, 79 Chestnut Street, application --carried to 5/15/23 agenda
- Cal3914-23. Schlanger, 86 Slope Drive, application -- carried to 5/15/23 agenda
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes | View Agendas and Minutes From 2012 and Older
Most Recent Meeting Recording
A Board of Adjustment is hereby established pursuant of NJSA 40:55-69 et seq. consisting of seven (7) members and two (2) alternates who shall be residents of the Township of Millburn appointed by the governing body. Regular member terms are four (4) years and alternative member terms are two (2) years.
- Craig Ploetner, Chairman, Term Expires: December 31, 2024
- Jessica Glatt, Vice Chairwoman, Term Expires: December 31, 2026
- Ashley Avigdor, Term Expires: December 31, 2026
- Chandru Harjani, Term Expires: December 31, 2025
- Amy Lawrence, Term Expires: December 31, 2025
- Gary Rosen, Term Expires: December 31, 2023
- Regina Truitt, Alternate #1, Term Expires: December 31, 2024
- Vacant, Alternate #2
- Robert Simon, Attorney
- Eileen Davitt, Zoning Officer/Board Secretary
Click here to access the Township's Interactive Zoning Map