About the Commission
Established in 1969, The Millburn Environmental Commission has a distinguished history as one of New Jersey’s first municipal environmental commissions. The Commission attracts Township volunteers with a zeal for environmental stewardship and the professional credentials to advance clean water, clean air, recycling and the environment. The Millburn Environmental Commission oversees the identification, preservation and protection of the Township’s environmental resources. The Environmental Commission also serves as advisor to the Township Committee and the Planning Board on planning and zoning matters.
2022 Environmental Commission Meeting Schedule
All 2022 regular meetings will be held at 7:00 prevailing time unless otherwise noted on the following dates:
July 12, 2022 Meeting Information
- Please click the link to join the webinar: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89445031393?pwd=OXc4SWNETHVTZVlGZ2NqVWRQV1FQUT09
- or Telephone: +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
- ID: 894 4503 1393
- Passcode: 396620
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Commission is comprised of 7 members who serve 3-year terms, 2 alternates who serve 2-year terms, and a Township Committee liaison, all appointed by the Township Committee. One member of the Commission serves as liaison to the Planning Board, another member represents the Township on the Passaic River Coalition, and another represents the Township on the Rahway River Association.
- Reade Kem, Chairperson, Term Expires: December 31, 2023
- Priya Patel, Term Expires: December 31, 2023
- Elizabeth Vollavanh, Term Expires: December 31, 2022
- Odarka Stockert, Term Expires: December 31, 2022
- Debra Nevas, Term Expires: December 31, 2022
- Mark Robison, Term Expires: December 31, 2024
- Laura Kosik, Term Expires: December 31, 2024
- Roger Timpson, Alt #1, Expires: December 31, 2023
- Noah Packman, Alt #2, Expires: December 31, 2022
- Maggee Miggins, Township Committee Liaison, Term Expires: December 31, 2022
Millburn Township Natural Resource Inventory
The Commission periodically updates the Natural Resource Inventory, which catalogs open space, geological features, water, air, soil, vegetative, and animal life in Millburn.
The Environmental Commission aims to impact public education by creating and distributing informational materials, organizing hands-on activities and other projects. The Commission enhances our quality of life and creates awareness of the ecosystem in which we live.
The Commission interacts with neighboring community environmental commissions and environmentally oriented non-profit organizations to address local, regional, and state environmental concerns.
Do you have a concern about an environmental issue in Millburn? Feel Free to contact us, or come to one of our monthly meetings.
Send an e-mail to email@example.com!
Complete Streets Presentation by James Sinclair from the New Jersey Bicycle and Pedestrian Resource Center on January 26, 2017
Safe Routes to Schools Presentation by Jessica Lubas from TransOptions