How can I interact with the Township remotely?
Updated: 3/25, 3:30 p.m.
Despite closures of our public buildings, residents may remotely utilize a number of public services:
- Make Property and Utility Payments
- Register for Recreation Programs
- Request for Certified Copies of Vital Records
- Stream Township Committee, Planning, and Zoning Board Meetings on YouTube
- Access the SDL Open Data Portal
- View Agendas and Minutes for Various Boards and Committees
- Utilize Recycle Coach to Answer Common Recycling Questions
- Download Parking Permit Applications
In addition to these services, there are forms on the Departments pages that can be sent in via email or the US Postal Service to conduct business.
For more information on these services and more, please contact customer service at 973-564-7000.
Police Department Protocol
Updated: 3/17, 2:30 p.m.
Due to the current threat presented by the COVID-19 Virus the Millburn Police Department will be instituting the following measures:
- The police building is closed to the public; unless it is an emergency, do not come to headquarters.
- If you have an emergency, please call 9-1-1.
- We will be taking all non-emergency reports over the phone. If you need to report a minor issue (fraud, identity theft, loss of a license etc.) please call Dispatch at 973-564-7001. A dispatcher will take your information and an officer will return your call as soon as possible.
- Fire arms applications may only be filed online through the FARS system.
- The process for approving firearms ID cards and permits is significantly delayed due to the COVID-19 response. At this time most commercial fingerprint vendors are closed and most retail firearms stores have been deemed nonessential. Once issued permits will still only be valid for 90 days with a 90 day extension (180 days total). When feasible we will return to normal operations.
- Records is closed. Should you need an accident report or incident report, please contact our record bureau at 973-564-7013. Reports will be emailed or faxed to you.
- Pay any violations or fines to the court online or by mail (information on how to do this is on the back of all summonses or available at www.njmc-direct.com). Please contact the court at 973-564-7066.
- If an officer responds to your home or you have any contact with an officer, please let us know in advance if you are ill or have been told to self-quarantine.
Closure of Millburn Public Buildings
Updated: 3/16, 9:00 p.m.
In light of the ongoing and rapidly changing dynamics of the COVID-19 outbreak, and after much consideration for the welfare of our residents, staff and visitors, we have closed the following buildings to the public as of Tuesday, March 17:
- Town Hall
- Public Works Office
- Fire Department
- Gero Park Recreation Building
- Taylor Park Recreation Building
- Police Department Headquarters
Millburn Town Yard Info
Updated: 4/2, 2:00 p.m.
Millburn’s Town Yard is open regular hours, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Mondays through Fridays, and 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Saturdays.
The DPW office is closed to the public.