Outdoor Dining & Local Business Operations
Outdoor dining is underway in Millburn Township!
We encourage our residents to responsibility and respectfully support our local businesses while adhering to social distancing guidelines and wearing masks when effective distancing is not feasible.
As we approach the colder weather months, please be advised that we have extended our Main Street closure on a week-to-week basis beginning the week of September 27.
This page will be updated when the road is scheduled to re-open. Restaurants, fitness and art studios will have the opportunity to utilize this stretch of Main Street during the month to offer goods and services. Please check with your favorite businesses to see if they are hosting classes or events. Lot 1 (Main St. & Essex St.) will continue to operate as outdoor dining space, except for Tuesdays during the Farmers Market.
Please remember to bring a mask and maintain appropriate social distancing when in public! Shop local!
The following closures will occur to allow our local establishments to offer or expand current outdoor dining and shopping capabilities until otherwise noted:
- Bollards on the north side of Millburn Avenue are pushed out to allow for outdoor dining and sidewalk sales.
- Three parking spaces on Main Street, south of Millburn Avenue, will be closed.
- Lot 1 (Main St. & Essex St.) will operate as outdoor dining space, except for Tuesdays during the Farmers Market. No parking will be allowed.
We will continue to evaluate the success of this outdoor dining program and any changes that may be necessary for the safety of our residents, visitors and businesses.
How can I support local business in other ways?
- Buy gift cards now to use later
- Shop online where you can! A handful of our businesses do operate online stores.
- Call ahead and order for delivery or curbside pickup.
- Use “no contact delivery” where you pay ahead and food is left on your doorstep.
- Avoid restaurants if you’re sick or have been recently exposed.
- Be patient! Many restaurants have fewer employees working.
- Consider tipping more than you normally would - business is down and your support is greatly appreciated!