Special Improvement District Ordinance Information
At its August 11 meeting, the Township Committee passed Ordinance No. 2561-20 to amend and restate Ordinance No. 12-92, creating a Special Improvement District within the Township of Millburn and designating a District Management Corporation.
Visit our Special Improvement District Board of Trustees page to access information on meetings, board members, agendas and minutes and more.
Purpose and Mission of the SID
The purpose of a Special Improvement District (SID) is to promote, grow and support local businesses, property owners, residents and visitors. Millburn Township's SID ordinance designates a new District Management Corporation (DMC) whose mission is to encourage the economic, cultural and social vitality of Millburn Township through increased marketing and visibility, improved and renewed infrastructure and local business development and engagement.
Sub-Committee Interest Form
Those interested in serving on a sub-committee of the SID in accordance with the mission above are invited to complete the Sub-Committee Interest Form here.
Volunteer/Intern Interest Form
We are looking for Interns/Ongoing Volunteers and Event Volunteers! These positions are unpaid and can be for volunteer hours or school credit. Learn more and submit an interest form here.
- SID Website RFP: Due December 11 2020
- Draft Conflict of Interest Policy - SID
- 2020 Special Improvement District Proposed Amended Bylaws (PDF)
- Ordinance No. 2561-20 SID Amending Special Improvement Ordinance ADOPTED 8-11-2020 (PDF)
- Memorandum on Conflict of Interest (PDF)*This document is no longer privileged due to its contents being read to the public at the Township Committee meeting on August 11, 2020.
- Proposed Special Improvement District Information Sheet (PDF)
- 2561-20 SID Ordinance Amending Special Improvement Ordinance (PDF)
- Special Improvement District Summary Presentation (PDF)
- Explore Millburn Short Hills Business Success Kit (PDF)
- July 1, 2020 Information Session:
- June 9, 2020 Information Session:
- There are by-laws referenced in the ordinance. Are these bylaws available for review?
- What is the source of economic stimulus funds referenced in Section 15?
- Is the Board of Trustees subject to the Open Public Meetings Act?
- What are the changes in the revised Special Improvement District Ordinance?
- What will happen if a property owner decides not pay the SID tax assessment?
- Can the new district management corporation be dissolved?
- What is the budget process?
- Why does the draft ordinance allow for the Township to purchase, lease, and manage property within the Special Improvement District?
- Why is the SID ordinance being discussed now, while residents cannot physically be present in the building due to the current public health crisis?