Downtown Area Vision Plan
The Township of Millburn is undertaking a Vision Plan to revitalize and re-envision its Downtown Business district. The plan will look to build upon and leverage Millburn’s history, natural resources, anchors, community institutions and organizations, and other unique qualities. The Vision Plan will provide a strategy for how Millburn’s Downtown can support its existing retail base and better position itself for future growth and long-term sustainability, and it is anticipated to serve as a foundation for future implementation.
All interested residents, property owners and other stakeholders are encouraged to attend and share their thoughts on the vision, goals and objectives for Millburn’s Downtown. There is also an online survey and brainstorming tool to help gather ideas for the Township to consider. There will be another public survey and a second virtual workshop in late fall/early winter to present initial concepts as they are developed.
The plan is being led by a multidisciplinary team of designers, planners, and retail experts consisting of Perkins Eastman, BFJ Planning and Streetsense.
Please direct questions regarding the Downtown Area Vision Plan to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Township’s goal is for the plan to be informed by a wide range of viewpoints while respecting the need to be respectful of social distancing protocols. As such, the Township will be sponsoring two virtual public workshops, two online surveys, and targeted meetings with stakeholders.
- The first public workshop was held on Thursday, December 3 from 7-9p.m. Over 200 people registered for the online meeting and approximately 140 participated. The meeting can be watched on YouTube.
- A written synopsis of the public engagement session can be found at the link below:
New - Public Workshop Meeting Summary - December 3, 2020
- The first survey, which closed on December 18, received over 700 responses with many visitors also engaging in the pinpoint social ideas wall. Please view the summary of these important engagement activities below:
New - Public Survey and Ideas Wall Summary - December 23, 2020
- Second Public Survey (JANUARY)
Second Public Information Session (FEBRUARY)
Small Group Opportunities with the Downtown Area Vision Plan Steering Committee (JANUARY and FEBRUARY)
- Vision Plan Public Workshop Presentation
- Recording of Dec. 3 Downtown Area Vision Plan Virtual Public Workshop
- Downtown Area Vision Plan Process Narrative (PDF)
- Downtown Area Vision Plan RFP (PDF)
- Perkins-Eastman Proposal (PDF)
- Perkins-Eastman Revised Proposal and Costs (PDF)
- Resolution No. 20-184: Authorization to Set Up a Reserve for Preliminary Planning Expenses for the Township of Millburn for the Downtown Area Vision Plan (PDF)
- NEW! Essex County Comprehensive Transportation Plan (PDF)
- NEW! Millburn Bike Network Report Final (PDF)
- Taylor Park Strategic Plan, 2020 (PDF)
- Millburn Traffic & Parking Public Meeting, 2020 (PDF)
- Millburn DPW Relocation Feasibility Report, 2019 (PDF)
- Adopted Millburn Master Plan Reexamination, 2018 (PDF)
- Millburn Redevelopment Plan 2008, Part 1 (PDF)
- Millburn Redevelopment Plan 2008, Part 2 (PDF)
- Redevelopment Area Study for Portions of Blocks 701, 1207 and 1212, 2006 (PDF)
- Stan Eckstut Downtown Study 2005 (PDF)
- DMDA Master Plan 2000, Part 1 (PDF)
- DMDA Master Plan 2000, Part 2 (PDF)
Steering Committee Members
Members listed below have been approved by the Township Committee.
- Beth Zall - Planning Board Chair
- Priya Patel - Environmental Commission Chair
- Gaston Haupert - PTOC Safety Chair and Pedestrian Safety Advisory Board Member
- Alex Zaltsman - Board of Education President
- Amy Lawrence - Former Member of Public Works Relocation Ad Hoc
- Tara Prupis - Mayor, Township Committee Member
- Richard Wasserman - Township Committee Member
- Alex McDonald - Township Business Administrator