The Millburn Township Committee recently approved a pilot program for allowing leashed dogs in Taylor Park on certain walk paths for a nine month period.
Please be advised of the following guidelines and rules that dog owners are expected to adhere to during the pilot program:
- Dog owners are responsible and liable for the actions and behavior of their dogs at all times.
- Dogs must be securely confined and controlled by persons 13 or older, on an adequate leash, not more than 6’ long.
- Dogs must wear a current dog tag license and have a current rabies vaccine record on file with a municipal Health Department.
- Dog walkers and owners must stay on designated paths (will be posted and kept on file in the Recreation Department).
- Maximum of 2 dogs per person.
- Those walking dogs must yield to park pedestrians when crossing bridges.
- Those walking dogs must yield to park pedestrians by momentarily moving off path to let person(s) by.
- Dog owners must pick up and properly dispose of dog waste per current Township ordinance.
- During Special Event Permitted Use, dogs may not be allowed on designated paths or elsewhere in Park at the discretion of the Recreation Department.
Those in breach of the above guidelines may be subject to enforcement and fines. Dogs continue to be prohibited in other Township parks. We will provide updates on the program as they become available. Stay tuned!