We are currently seeking volunteers for our Domestic Violence Response Team. Volunteers are required to complete a 40-hour training program resulting in State Certification designed to give individuals an in-depth look at domestic violence.
At the end of this program participants will:
- Understand the dynamics of domestic violence and its impact on children.
- Know how to appropriately respond to victims impacted by domestic violence.
- Understand the need for cultural competence when working with victims and families.
- Know how to help individuals develop a safety plan.
- Know what legal and community resources are available to victims and their families.
For more information please contact Jaimee Hawkins, Township liaison for the Millburn Domestic Violence Response Team at 973-564-7091 or email@example.com.