KEYBOARDING CLERK 1
The Township of Millburn is looking to hire someone for the position of Keyboarding Clerk 1 in the Police Records Bureau.
Under close supervision, performs , clerical work involving the processing of documents in a variety of functions; formats and key enters/types correspondence, documents, reports, charts and other materials on a computer console, typewriter, or other key entry device used by the agency; does other related duties as required.
Examples of work:
Manages police files; data entry for tickets and discovery; issues temporary handicapped placards; runs background checks; processes reports of accidents, and incidents , as well as sold jewelry processing and fingerprint records; conducts court discovery for prosecutors and attorneys; handle OPRA requests; alarm registration; expungements, makes DVDs; answers questions of the public.
Note: Applicants will be required to demonstrate proficiency in keyboarding or typing.
Microsoft Office specialist certificate preferred.
License: Appointee will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
Knowledge and abilities:
• Knowledge of office routines, equipment, and practices after a period of training.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.)
• Ability to operate an alphanumeric keyboard or typewriter with speed and accuracy, to produce documents such as letters, memos, reports, charts, forms and other materials.
• Ability to understand, remember, and carry out oral and written directions.
• Ability to work effectively with associates, superior officials, and members of the public concerned with the work of the department.
• Ability to operate and perform routine maintenance on office machines and other equipment.
• Ability to maintain records and files.
• Ability to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units after a period of training.
Please send Résumé with cover letter to the attention of Alexander McDonald at 375 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, NJ 07041.