The following is a message from JCP&L regarding the reporting of streetlight outages:
Streetlights brighten up a community, keeping it attractive and safe. Help us ensure streetlights are working as they should by letting us know about lights that are in need of repair. If you see a streetlight out, please contact us. We’ll repair it as quickly as possible.
To Report a Streetlight Outage:
- Call our automated outage reporting line at 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877). For faster service, use the phone number associated with your account and say “streetlight” after the greeting.
- Visit www.jcp-l.com. Under Outages, click on “Report Lighting Problem.”
When you contact us, let us know:
– your name and phone number, in case we need more information
– address where the streetlight is located–nearest house or business address and the nearest cross street
– the number on the pole
– what is wrong with the streetlight – damaged pole, light fixture is broken, the light is off at night, on during the day or it flickers
Most streetlight outages can be repaired within a few days, but sometimes it can take longer if equipment needs to be replaced.
Together, we can keep the streets bright at night.