April 8 Update:
Governor Murphy signed Executive Order No. 120, postponing the June 2 primary election to July 7, 2020.
Read the Executive Order here: No. 120 Governor Murphy Announces Postponement of June 2nd Primary Elections until July 7th (PDF).
June 2, 2020 Primary Election – Important Information & Dates to Remember
- April 8th - Deadline for Change of Party Affiliation Declaration Forms for Primary Election to be Filed with the Essex County Commissioners of Registration
- May 12th - Voter Registration Deadline for Primary Election
- May 26th - Deadline to apply for a Mail-In Ballot by Mail for Primary Election (not less than 7 days prior to election)
- June 2nd - Primary Election Day; polls open from 6AM – 8PM
Am I registered to vote? Click HERE
Where is my polling location? Click HERE
Once available, where can I obtain election results? Click HERE
Millburn Election Notice: Nominating Petition Filing for June Primary Election (as of 3/20/2020)
Effective immediately as a measure to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, nominating petitions along with supplemental signature pages (if used) can be emailed to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email please include your contact information including your telephone number. Please be advised that we can only accept emails up to 20 megabytes. Please feel free to send multiple emails if needed.
- Millburn Township Committee petition. Click HERE
- Millburn Township Democratic County Committee petition. Click HERE
- Millburn Township Republican County Committee petition. Click HERE
THE TOTAL NUMBER OF SIGNATURES AND PETITION FILING DEADLINE HAS NOT CHANGED.
Candidate petitions but must be received by the deadline date, on or before 4:00 p.m. on March 30, 2020. (N.J.S.A. 19:23-14)
If you don’t have the means to email your nominating petitions, in person appointments to drop off your petitions can be scheduled. Appointments can be scheduled by emailing email@example.com or calling 973-564-7073 or 973-564-7092. Original petitions will still need to be provided to the Millburn Township Clerks Office. Mailing Address - Township of Millburn, Attn: Clerks Office, 375 Millburn Avenue, Millburn NJ 07041.
Single Signature Electronic Candidate Petitions
Effective immediately as a measure to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, candidates can now obtain signatures electronically on a nominating petition. Please be advised that these are only supplemental signature pages. A candidate/designee will still need to complete all of the required documents (i.e. Oath of Allegiance, Certificate of Acceptance, etc.) All of the statutory requirements will remain the same.
- Instructions for using the Single Signature Electronic Forms. Click HERE
- Township Form (supplemental signature pages) – One Candidate. Click HERE
- Township Form (supplemental signature pages) – Two Candidates. Click HERE
Please visit the New Jersey Division of Elections site to view applicable forms and updates. Click HERE
NJ State Voting Information & Assistance: 1-877-NJ-VOTER (1-877-658-6837)
THIS NOTICE WILL BE UPDATED AS NEEDED.